Backstory is the new and revised version of Life@Large. We took all the best elements of the original version, simplified it, clarified it, and made it highly intuitive to use and wonderfuly visual to look at. The result is a very simple, very graphic, very clear presentation of the gospel message.
Here is the opening premise:
There are seven billion people in the world. Seven billion stories. And yet there are themes in our stories that are universal: betrayal, love, romance, redemption, sacrifice… The question is if there’s a larger story or narrative to which all our stories relate, one that makes sense of our shared experience — a common Back Story.
The booklet goes on to explain the backstory which, of course, is the gospel:
1. Intimacy: God created us to know him.
2. Betrayal: Humanity rebelled and sin separated us from him.
3. Anticipation: The Scriptures promise of a coming Deliverer.
4. Pursuit: The coming of Christ.
5. Sacrifice: Jesus’ death and resurrection.
6. Invitation: God invites us to return to him.
7. Reunion: The age to come — judgment and eternal life.
As you can see, Backstory provides a broader more comprehensive explanation of the gospel and thus a more compelling case for Christ.